Anti-gun activist David Hogg has emerged from the shadows yet again and this time is shoving his ridiculous 5-point platform to end gun violence.
Of course, Hogg doesn’t keep up on the facts and his so-called “plan” is instantly blown to smithereens.
Comment why you do or don’t support our 5 point platform below I want to try responding to as many people as I can.
1. CDC funding for research into gun violance
2. Universal Background checks
3. Digitization of ATF records
4. High-Capacity magazine ban
5. Assault weapons ban
— David Hogg (@davidhogg111) May 11, 2018
The responses quickly poured in.
Kyle Kashuv, Hogg’s classmate:
1) Scientific research is already permitted and that was clarified in he April Omnibus signed by POTUS. Partisan research isn't funded.
2) Background checks exist. No UBCs because NO gun registry.
4) won't change anything (Cruz proved that)
5) tried, didn't work. https://t.co/1NQlHMjt0b
— Kyle Kashuv (@KyleKashuv) May 11, 2018
Liz Wheeler, the host of “Tipping Point”:
1. CDC abused this privilege last time to advocate for gun control (& admitted it).
2. Do you trust govt not to turn this into a gun registry (or registry of gun owners)?
3. See above.
4. Magazines don't fire themselves.
5. Assault weapon is a made up term. https://t.co/9JwjQUAbUf
— Liz Wheeler (@Liz_Wheeler) May 11, 2018
Brandon Morse, writer for RedState:
1. CDC already does do gun research. What they got defunded from doing in regards to guns was not research, but propaganda
2. Our background checks are fine, we just need the law enforced
4. Won’t help
5. Define assault weapon more accurately. https://t.co/ylxu8x5nmB
— Brandon Morse (@TheBrandonMorse) May 11, 2018