Charlie Rose just joined the ever-growing list of sexual predators in the media after being accused by eight different women of sexual misconduct.
Yesterday he was suspended by CBS and just today they’ve decided to give the old pervert the heave-ho!
From The New York Times
CBS fired Charlie Rose on Tuesday, a day after multiple women accused him of sexual misconduct. Not long afterward, PBS canceled distribution of his self-titled nightly interview program.
David Rhodes, the president of CBS News, told staff members in an internal email that Mr. Rose, a host of “CBS This Morning” and a “60 Minutes” correspondent, had been let go after allegations were raised “of extremely disturbing and intolerable behavior said to have revolved around his PBS program.”
PBS, which had been the longtime home of “Charlie Rose,” released a statement 70 minutes after CBS cut ties with the host.
“In light of yesterday’s revelations, PBS has terminated its relationship with Charlie Rose and canceled distribution of his programs,” the nonprofit broadcaster said in its statement. “PBS expects all the producers we work with to provide a workplace where people feel safe and are treated with dignity and respect.”
Bloomberg TV, which also carried “Charlie Rose” and provided the studio for it, announced that it had terminated its rebroadcast agreement soon after the PBS announcement.
The consequences for Mr. Rose were swift after The Washington Post reported that eight women, three of them on the record, said that Mr. Rose had made crude sexual advances.
In a statement on Monday, Mr. Rose, 75, said: “I am greatly embarrassed. I have behaved insensitively at times, and I accept responsibility for that. I always felt that I was pursuing shared feelings, even though I now realize I was mistaken.”
Mr. Rose had been a constant presence on television since starting the “Charlie Rose” show on the New York PBS affiliate WNET in 1991. The show, which was broadcast nationally starting in 1994, was produced by the host’s independent television production company.
Mr. Rose had also been a host of the CBS morning show since 2012. He joined “60 Minutes II” as a correspondent in 1999. After that show was canceled, he joined “60 Minutes” in 2008.
On Tuesday, Mr. Rose’s former co-hosts, Gayle King and Norah O’Donnell, addressed the allegations in the opening minutes of “CBS This Morning.”